8.14.2012

Artsy Tuesday - Eastwitching


I re-introduce to you Alison from Eastwitching on Etsy. I featured her work last year {which you can find here}, but thought it would be fun to feature some of her new work and get her to write up a little blurb about herself and how she got started! So without further ado, here is Alison.

I came to painting full-time (after 18 years of working at other jobs including teaching in the UK and Spain, working in tourism in France and PA work for the National Museum of Wales) thanks to an inner ear tumor that changed my life. Having painted as a hobby for years I showed at various national shows in Wales and sold privately in galleries and by word of mouth. Continually experimenting and learning I also developed a love of pastel portraiture and painted flowers and landscapes in watercolour when I first started out. I found Etsy while surfing the net about 4 years ago but before I could get into it I was diagnosed with a life-threatening ear tumor. This was removed 3 years ago and during my long recuperation I found art again and began painting more and more. I started my Etsy shop in earnest in 2010 and haven't looked back since. I never went back to my old job and now am so very lucky to be painting full time after 20 years of doing it as a hobby.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Alison or her work, she is an artist living and working in the UK. She mostly paints animals in watercolor, but has recently ventured out into some sea life. Her work is absolutely beautiful and I adore every single piece. She is also one of the most sweetest people I've come across since starting this blog last year and I just love keeping in touch with her. I've also expressed an interest in maybe getting into some watercolor painting myself and she gave me the best start up advice and was oh, so helpful. My hat goes off to her. So here are some of my favorites of hers that are fairly new.





Aren't they just beautiful? I am in love with that Stag Print. Absolutely beautiful! I also have one of her watercolor fox prints called 'The Mesmerizing Fox' and it is probably my favorite piece of art that I own. It's amazing! So take a look at her shop on Etsy and she also has a great blog where she shares what she's currently working on and from time to time hosts weekly games where you can win one of her prints yourself {she may be starting this back up in the fall, but don't quote me on that}. xoxo, Kayleigh.

Information about Eastwitching was provided by Eastwitching or taken from their profile on Etsy or personal site/blog.
AS ALWAYS, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING FEATURED IN ONE OF MY ARTSY TUESDAY POSTS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT: kbellant16@gmail.com.

2 comments:

eastwitching.com said...

Thanks for this sweet write up Kayleigh - I feel very proud and even inspired to paint more now! Alison

Kayleigh said...

Excellent, Alison! I can't wait to see more!! xo, kayleigh.