1.04.2012

Downton Abbey


Has anyone seen the British television period drama, Downton Abbey? It should come on your local PBS channel and BBC. I discovered it through my good friend, Paige and decided to watch it online. It is so addicting. I absolutely adore this show and can't wait for season 3 to come out in late 2012. If you get a chance please check it out and let me know what you think. You may find it a bit slow in the beginning, but you get so wrapped up in the characters and their stories that you get so addicted, like I did!

The series is set in the fictional Downton Abbey, the Yorkshire country house of the Earl and Countess of Grantham, and follows the lives of the aristocratic Crawley family and their servants in the reign of King George V. The first season spans two years before the Great War, beginning with news of the sinking of the Titanic, which sets the story in motion. The second season covers the years 1916 to 1919 and the 2011 Christmas Special December 1919 to January 1920.

Below are some photo stills from the show. I absolutely adore the costumes in the series and my favorite character is Mary, the eldest daughter of the Earl and Countess of Grantham, but I love Maggie Smith's character as the mother of the Earl of Grantham, as well. She is so funny and makes sarcastic comments here and there. This show is so great you won't be dissapointed!





















Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this movie to death